Roadmap for first use of Powerkick generators.
First of all we would like to thank you for purchasing one of our generators. We kindly remind you this roadmap does not replace the operators manual. It is of the utmost importance to read the operators manual before (the first) use of the generator and to hand over the manual when the generator is sold..
You bought a Powerkick generator:
Step 1. Open the box, take out the generator and read the manual carefully.
Step 2. Fill the generator with the correct amount and grade of oil. Refer to the manual on page 11 for further reference.
Model 800 fill with 0.25 liter oil, SEA 10W30 or 10W40 ACEA A3/B4
Model 1200 fill with 0.27 liter oil, SEA 10W30 or 10W40 ACEA A3/B4
Model 2000 fill with 0.52 liter oil, SEA 10W30 or 10W40 ACEA A3/B4
Model 3000 fill with 0.9 liter oil, SEA 10W30 or 10W40 ACEA A3/B4
Step 3. Remove the side panel on the side with the pulling cord by unscrewing the 4 screws with the supplied screwdriver. Step 4. Unscrew the oil dipstick under the air filter and fil the generator with the correct amount and type of oil as mentioned at step 2.
Step 5. Insert and screw the dipstick in the generator an let the generator run for 5 minutes before you use the generator. Step 6. Open the fuel cap and fil the tank with E10 fuel if you regularly use the generator. If you occasionally use the generator please use an Aspen type of fuel. The petrol companies guarantee the quality of their fuel (E10) for a maximum of 3 months. If you leave this fuel in the generator for a time in extend of 3 months you risk the generator not to start because the additives in the fuel can clog you generators’ fuel system. An Aspen type of fuel has a shelf life of 1 year min.
Step 7. Be sure the generator is on a solid level surface so the generator is able to pull in the air it needs for a proper operation. If the generator can not pull in enough air it will not start.
Step 8. When the generator is used outdoor please make sure is kept out of the rain and the generator does not come in contact with water. You risk severe damage to the generator if you ignore this warning and you warranty expires.
Step 9. Switch the ECON and ENG SW to “1” and put the switch below the pulling cord to “on”.
Step 10. Check if the DC Protector is switched on.
Step 11. Do not connect any appliances before starting the generator.
Step 12. Do not connect appliances that overcharge the generator.
Step 13. Open the air screw on the fuel cap.
Step 14. Pump fuel into the system by means of the small pump next to the choke. Press it at least 5 times.
Step 15 Put the chock switch in the position “choke”
Step 16. You now can start the generator by pulling the pulling cord one or multiple times.
Step 17. 10 seconds after the generator starts running put the choke switch to the “run” position.
Step 18. Let the generator run for 5 minutes before connecting you appliance.
Step 19. After 5 minutes the engine is warm and you can connect you appliance.
Step 20. When you connect an appliance that uses the maximum power of the generator you position the “Econ” switch to “0”.
Step 21. If you have any difficulty starting the engine please refer to page 9 and 10 of the manual for problem solving.
Attention points for optimal use of your Powerkick generator.
1) Don’t expose the generator to rain or water.
2) Transport and run the generator in an upright position. The generators’ lubrication system is based on a four stroke system with an oil bath. Ignoring this notice will severely damage the generator and voids the warranty.
3) Always fill the tank with clean fuel (E10 or Aspen 4-takt)
4) Place the generator is on a solid level surface so the generator is able to pull in the air it needs for a proper operation.
5) When filling the generator with oil never exceed the maximum level for this will damage the machine and voids warranty.
6) Never exceed the maximum power of the generator. The generator has an overload safety but it is better not to use it.
7) Run the generator for 5 minutes before connecting any appliance.
8) After 10 hours of running time change the oil as mentioned in the manual. After this initial oil change you should change the oil every 100 running hours.
9) Check and apply the service interval in the manual.
10) When using E10 fuel don’t leave this in the generator for more then 3 months. The petrol companies guarantee their fuel for a maximum of 3 months. If you leave this fuel for an extend of 3 months in you generator the fuel system can clog and will damage your generator. This voids the warranty . If you use the generator occasionally you can use an Aspen type of fuel. This fuel type has a shelf life of 1 year min.
11) We wish you success using the generator.